Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Are My Nieghbors Jealous?

Ok, so i live in Parkland, FL. I live in this really nice gated community (of which i will not say the name) and my family and i have lived there for now going on eight years. When we first moved i was about, 8 years old. The neighbors in our immediate vacinity (meaning the families that live in the both houses to the right and both houses to the left and the five houses across the street....idk if that makes sense but please bare with me.) Lol anyways, those families were really close with our family. So everything was fine and dandy until the time that i turned about....14. More kids began to move into the neighborhood, and i slowly became out of touch with my nieghborhood friends. It was quite sad to tell you the truth. And as that was happening, my mom finally got her own practice (shes an OBGYN) And my dad got a promotion to some Vice President thing at his company. So as more money started to flow in and their income increased, my parents decided it was time for an upgrade. We renovated the rooms of our house, even the porch/pool area and my we bought three new cars. A mercedes S 550, a Mercedes, GL 450 and my dad's 550i BMW. As this was happening, i remember some of the neighbors had taken notice and would stare as my family would drive off in either of the mercedes or the bmw. Soon, a couple of the neighbors would come over to "visit" my parents, but really it was just to see the work we got done on the house...Now, my family and i don't associate with any of the nieghbors or their kids, the only thing we do is exchange slight waves of acknowledgment and the rare, yet akward time when your out getting the paper, and one of the nieghbors is jogging by, waves and then decides to stop and "check in" with you... So, could our really be jealous? Or do they think we are just snooty and stuck up? Which is what i think because we havent like REALLY talked to them in over three years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment