Thursday, July 14, 2011

Am I wrong in apologizing after all this time?

Many years ago (over a decade as a matter of fact) a friend and I had a big problem, I mean it was a BIGGY. Instead of dealing with it, we just kinda parted ways and disappeared out of eachother's lives. A few years ago we ended up at a kind of reunion. We are both married, have kids and of course, have matured a lot since then. When we saw each other, we were just like old friends. I got to know his wife and kids and he my husband and kids. We exchanged christmas cards and invited each other to occasional get togethers every now and then, but a couple of months ago, we met up (after 3 years) and it seemed as if our past just kind of dawned on us all at once, and we ended up turning away from each other in discust. I went home feeling horrible about it. I bought a book on dealing with past regrets and after thinking about it, felt it best to write him an e-mail apologizing for my part in the whole fiasco and told him that I hope we can somehow get over the hurt an pain we caused each other. I never heard back from him. But am wondering, it is wrong for me to want to make things right after all these years? It just seems to hurt more now than it even did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment